- 1 1/2 cups (260g) white quinoa
- 3 cups (750ml) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup (20g) flaked almonds, toasted, plus extra to serve
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup finely grated vegetarian hard cheese, plus extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped, plus extra leaves, to serve
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 5-6 small zucchini, thinly sliced lengthways
Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line the base of a 20cm round springform tin with non-stick baking paper. Place the quinoa and vegetable stock in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, for 10 minutes or until just tender and the stock has absorbed. Remove from heat. Set aside, covered for 10 minutes.
Remove the lid from the quinoa and fold in almonds, lemon zest and juice, two thirds of the vegetarian hard cheese, spring onion, mint, parsley and eggs.
Spoon half the quinoa mixture into the base of the tin and press flat. Lay half the zucchini over. Top with the remaining quinoa mixture and press flat. Arrange zucchini over the top. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until golden. Leave in the tin for 10 minutes before removing. Serve topped with extra mint and parsley leaves and toasted almonds.