- 185g white chocolate
- 150g chopped unsalted butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 lightly beaten eggs
- 100g roughly chopped glace cherries
- 1Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease and line a 20cm (base measurement) square cake pan with non-stick baking paper.
- 2Place chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan half-filled with simmering water (make sure the bowl does not touch the water). Use a metal spoon to stir occasionally until the chocolate melts and is smooth, then set aside to cool.
- 3Place caster sugar, flour and baking powder in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and add eggs and the chocolate mixture. Fold in glace cherries until just combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre come out slightly sticky. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and wrap to present as gifts.