- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs (day old bread)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 300g green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Heat olive oil in a large frying pan. Add breadcrumbs and stir over medium heat for about 7 mins or until golden. Add whole garlic cloves and lemon rind and stir for 1 min until the breadcrumbs are crisp and golden brown. Transfer to a bowl.
Place asparagus and beans into a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 mins then drain well.
Whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, juice and mustard. Pour over the vegetables, season and toss to combine. Arrange on a serving platter and sprinkle with the crumb mixture. Serve immediately.