- 1/3 cup (70g) white quinoa, rinsed
- 250g cauliflower florets
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, zested
- Vegetable oil, to shallow fry
- 1/4 cup (70g) tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 x 250g pkts Coles Fresh Beetroot Coleslaw or Coles Fresh Coleslaw Salad Bag
- Sliced spring onion, extra, to serve
- Mint leaves, extra, to serve
- 1Place the quinoa and 2/3 cup (160ml) water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 15 mins. Cover and steam for 10 mins. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Place in a large bowl.
- 2Process the cauliflower, chickpeas, garlic, mint, parsley and coriander until finely chopped. Add the cauliflower mixture to the quinoa with the onion and lemon zest. Season well.
- 3Place 1/4 cup (60ml) of the reserved chickpea liquid in a bowl. Whisk until foamy. Add to the quinoa mixture and stir until well combined. Roll the quinoa mixture into 20 even-sized balls and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
- 4Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the quinoa and chickpea balls for 5 mins or until golden on all sides. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- 5Meanwhile, whisk the tahini, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons water and maple syrup in a small bowl until smooth. Season. Divide the coleslaw among serving plates. Drizzle with half the tahini dressing. Top with the quinoa and chickpea balls. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and top with extra onion and mint.