- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 x 320g loaf ciabatta, torn into 2cm pieces
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 8 thin slices prosciutto, cut into thirds
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 baby gem lettuces, leaves separated
- Leftover roast turkey (see notes)
- 250g green beans, halved diagonally, steamed, to serve
Cranberry and port sauce
- 2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup port
- 2 x 5cm long strips orange rind
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 fresh bay leaves
Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
Combine oil and garlic in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add bread, onion, lemon zest, pine nuts, prosciutto and oregano. Toss to combine. Divide between prepared trays. Bake for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, or until bread is golden and crisp.
Meanwhile, make Cranberry and Port Sauce; Place cranberries, sugar, port, orange rind, cinnamon, bay leaves and 1/2 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
Arrange lettuce, turkey slices, crunchy stuffing and beans on a serving board or platter. Drizzle with Cranberry and Port Sauce. Serve.
Discussion about this post