- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g pork mince
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill, plus extra to garnish
- 4 tablespoons lingonberry sauce (see note), plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 3/4 cup (185ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 4 tablespoons (1/3 cup) light sour cream
- Baby potatoes, to serve
- Green beans, to serve
- 1Combine the onion, pork mince, egg yolk, dill and 2 tablespoons of the berry sauce in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and mix well. Using damp hands, form into about 20 walnut-sized balls. Chill for 30 minutes if you have time (this will help the balls hold together).
- 2Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat. In 2 batches if necessary, cook the meatballs, turning frequently, for 10 minutes or until lightly browned all over and almost cooked through. Remove meatballs and set aside.
- 3Drain excess oil from pan. Add the butter, swirling to melt, then flour. Stir for 1 minute, then add stock and simmer for 2-3 minutes until thick. Stir in the cream and remaining berry sauce. Return meatballs to the pan, season, then simmer for 1-2 minutes until heated through. Serve with potatoes, beans and extra berry sauce, garnished with dill.