- 1/2 cup tomato passata
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1.8kg American-style pork ribs
- Coleslaw, to serve
- 20g butter
- 1 cup SunRice basmati rice
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a large roasting pan with baking paper.
Combine passata, tomato sauce, sugar, garlic, worcestershire sauce and mustard in a bowl. Place ribs in prepared pan. Brush ribs all over with marinade. Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil. Turn ribs over. Baste with pan juices. Bake, uncovered, for a further 40 minutes, basting halfway through with pan juices.
Meanwhile, make ‘Dirty rice’: Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add rice, chilli powder, turmeric and salt. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until rice is coated in spices. Add corn and 1.5 litres cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, for 20 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat. Stir in onion and coriander.
Cut ribs into pieces. Serve ribs with ‘Dirty rice’ and coleslaw.