- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 brown onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 bunches Tuscan cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and fennel seeds, and cook, stirring often, for 4 minutes or until the onion is soft but not coloured.
- 2Stir in the cabbage. Add half the water. Cover and cook, stirring once, for 5 minutes. Add the remaining water. Cook, covered, stirring once, for a further 5 minutes or until the cabbage is tender.
- 3Season the cabbage mixture with salt and pepper. Stir in the vinegar to serve.