- 130g (2 cups) shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 750ml (3 cups) milk
- 450ml pouring cream
- 100g caster sugar
- 7 egg yolks
- 9 (about 100g) Allen's Redskins lollies
- 1 tablespoon Malibu
- Pink fairy floss, to serve
- Freeze-dried raspberries, to serve
- 50g white chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 (about 25g) Allen's Redskins lollies
- 2 tablespoons pouring cream
- 1Grease the base and sides of a 1.5L loaf pan and line with plastic wrap, allowing sides to overhang. Place in the freezer to chill.
- 2Bring coconut, vanilla, 2 3/4 cups milk, 350ml cream and 1⁄4 cup sugar just to the boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat. Stand for 20 minutes to develop the flavours. Return just to boiling point. Strain through a sieve into a heatproof bowl. Discard coconut. Use a whisk to beat yolks and remaining sugar in a heatproof bowl until thick and pale. Slowly whisk in the hot milk mixture.
- 3Pour the milk mixture into a clean saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for 10-12 minutes or until thickened slightly. Pour just over half the custard into a large heatproof bowl. Stir liqueur into the larger bowl of custard. Pour remaining custard into a separate heatproof bowl.
- 4Place the Redskins and remaining cream in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes or until melted and smooth. Stir in remaining 1⁄4 cup milk. Slowly stir Redskin mixture into smaller bowl of custard until combined. Set aside to cool for 30 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 3 hours to chill.
- 5Churn the cooled coconut-liqueur custard in an ice-cream machine for 30-40 minutes. Spoon into the prepared pan. Smooth the surface. Place in the freezer for 6 hours to set.
- 6Churn the cooled Redskin custard in the ice-cream machine for 30-40 minutes. Spoon into the pan and smooth the surface. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for 8 hours or overnight to set.
- 7For the ganache, place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Cook Redskins and cream in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring, for 3 minutes or until melted and smooth. Pour over chocolate. Stand for 3 minutes. Stir until melted and smooth. Cool for 3 minutes. Turn cake onto a serving plate. Drizzle with ganache. Top with fairy floss and raspberries.