- 375g pappardelle or fettuccine pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g short bacon, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 zucchini, sliced thinly into ribbons
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cracked black pepper, to serve
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water for 10-12 mins, until tender. Drain.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 mins, until softened. Add bacon and thyme and cook for a further 2 mins. Sprinkle with flour and stir to combine. Remove from heat and slowly pour in milk, stirring constantly. Return to medium heat and cook for 4-5 mins until thickened. Add zucchini and cook for 5 mins. Season to taste. Stir in cheese and pasta. Serve immediately with cracked black pepper.
Discussion about this post