- 4 navel oranges, peeled, thinly sliced
- Low-fat natural yoghurt, to serve
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- 110g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons Angostura Bitters
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom seeds
- 1To make the cardamom syrup, place the water and sugar in a medium saucepan and stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium and add the bitters and cardamom seeds, and simmer, uncovered, without stirring, for 15 minutes or until reduced by one-third. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Strain into a jug. Discard cardamom seeds.
- 2Place orange slices in a shallow ceramic dish. Pour over the cardamom syrup. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours to macerate.
- 3Serve oranges in shallow bowls with syrup. Drizzle with yoghurt and serve immediately.