- 2 cups self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 150g butter, chilled, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 20g butter, melted, extra
- Ground cinnamon, extra, for dusting
- 1 1/2 cups pure icing sugar, sifted
- 3 teaspoons water, boiling
- 24-hole, 1 1/2 tablespoon-capacity mini-muffin pan, food processor
Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 24-hole, 1 1/2 tablespoon-capacity mini-muffin pan.
Process flours, caster sugar and 125g butter in a food processor until mixture forms fine crumbs. Transfer to a bowl. Make a well. Whisk milk, egg and vanilla. Add to flour mixture. Stir to combine.
Rub remaining 25g butter, brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
Cut the dough in half. Place one half on a floured surface and roll out to form a 20cm x 35cm rectangle. Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 the sugar mixture. Roll up dough tightly from 1 long side to enclose filling. Trim 5cm off each end. Cut into 1cm thick slices. Place slices, cut-side up, into prepared pan. Brush with 1/2 the extra butter.
Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Stand in pan for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough, sugar mixture and butter.
Make Icing: Place icing sugar in a bowl. Add boiling water and stir to form a smooth icing. Drizzle icing over swirls. Sprinkle lightly with extra cinnamon. Stand for 20 minutes to set. Serve.