- 1 cup plain flour
- 2/3 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large carrot peeled, grated (see note)
- 440g can crushed pineapple in juice, drained (see tip)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup pure icing sugar
- 20g butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease an 8-hole, 3/4 cup-capacity mini loaf pan.
- 2Sift flours, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon into a bowl. Add sugar, carrot, pineapple and 1/3 cup walnuts. Stir to combine. Whisk eggs, oil and buttermilk together in a jug. Add to flour mixture. Stir to combine.
- 3Spoon mixture into prepared pan holes. Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of 1 loaf comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- 4Make icing: Place icing sugar, butter, vanilla and boiling water in a bowl. Using a wooden spoon, stir until smooth and spreadable.
- 5Spread cakes with icing. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts. Serve.