- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 600g pork scotch fillet steaks, trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 35g sachet chipotle seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 green capsicums, thickly sliced
- 4 long green chillies
- 3 cups Massel beef style liquid stock
- 4 baby red potatoes, unpeeled, thickly sliced
- 3 tomatoes, seeded, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, plus lime wedges to serve
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 tortillas, warmed
- 1Heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add pork. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, seasoning and chilli powder. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add capsicum and green chilli. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- 2Add stock and 2 cups water. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover. Simmer for 45 minutes or until pork is almost tender. Add potato. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until pork and potato are tender.
- 3Meanwhile, combine tomato, coriander, lime juice and 2 teaspoons of the remaining oil in a bowl.
- 4Top soup with salsa. Drizzle with the remaining oil. Top with avocado and extra coriander sprigs. Serve soup with warmed tortillas and lime wedges.