- 150g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fresh passionfruit pulp
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- Double cream, to serve
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 1.5-litre (6-cup-capacity) baking dish.
- 2Place butter, lemon rind, lemon juice, passionfruit pulp, sugar, fl our, milk and egg yolks in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- 3Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form. Using a metal spoon, fold 1/4 of the egg white into lemon mixture. Gently fold in remaining egg white.
- 4Spoon mixture into prepared dish. Place dish in a large roasting pan. Pour boiling water into pan to come halfway up side of dish. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden and just set (see Notes).
- 5Meanwhile, make meringue using an electric mixer, beat egg whites on high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating constantly until sugar dissolves and mixture is thick and glossy.
- 6Preheat grill on high. Remove pudding from water bath. Dollop meringue over pudding. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden (see Notes). Serve immediately with cream.