- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, shredded
- 1 lime rind, finely grated and juiced
- 3 star anise
- 1 honeydew melon, peeled and seeded
- Extra mint leaves, vanilla yoghurt, to serve
- Extra star anise, to decorate (optional, not edible)
- 1Place sugar, lime rind and juice, star anise, mint and 3/4 cup water in small saucepan. Stir on low heat until sugar dissolves. Simmer on medium heat for 10 mins until syrupy. Cool to room temperature. Strain syrup and discard solids.
- 2Cut honeydew melon into wedges. Drizzle wedges with syrup, top with extra mint leaves and serve with dollops of yoghurt. Decorate with extra star anise, if desired.