- 500ml Coles Brand Vanilla Ice Cream, softened
- 200ml can coconut cream
- 275g pkt Wattle Valley Belgium Style Waffles, split horizontally
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) Coles Brand Chocolate Melts
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- Fresh strawberries, to serve
- 16cm x 26cm (base measurement) rectangular slice pan
- 1Line a 16cm x 26cm (base measurement) rectangular slice pan with plastic wrap.
- 2Combine the ice-cream and coconut cream in a large bowl. Pour into the prepared pan. Use the back of a spoon to smooth the top. Cover with foil and place in the freezer for 3 hours or until firm.
- 3Spread the cut side of half the waffles with the jam. Invert the ice-cream mixture onto a clean work surface. Unwrap and use an 8.5cm round cutter cut five discs from the ice-cream. Place over the jam on the waffle bases. Top with remaining waffle halves. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and freeze until required.
- 4Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, being careful not to let the bowl touch the water. Set aside to cool for 5 mins. Transfer the chocolate to a sealable plastic bag. Cut one small corner from the bag. Pipe the melted chocolate over one half of each sandwich (alternatively, place in a piping bag fitted with a small, plain nozzle). Sprinkle with the coconut. Return to the tray and place in the freezer until the chocolate is set. Serve with the strawberries.