- 4 medium (300g each) chicken marylands
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Barbecued corn (see related recipe), to serve
- 1Using a small knife, make 4 deep cuts into each piece of chicken. Place in a large, shallow glass or ceramic dish. Combine oil, thyme, oregano, garlic, vinegar, chilli, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Spoon over chicken. Rub to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 3 hours, if time permits.
- 2Heat a barbecue plate or chargrill over medium heat. Cook chicken for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a disposable baking dish. Cook in a covered barbecue over indirect heat (see note) for 45 to 50 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part is pierced with a skewer. Serve with Barbecued corn (see related recipe) and salad.