- 3 sweet corn cobs, husk intact
- 1 large red capsicum, diced
- 1 large avocado, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 4 (200g each) Coles beef fillet steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Crusty bread, to serve
Cook the corn, in the husk, in the microwave on high (100%) for 10 minutes. Carefully remove and set aside to cool slightly. Remove the husks and rinse. Place the cobs flat-side down and use a large sharp knife to remove the kernels in shards.
Meanwhile, place the capsicum, avocado, coriander, onion and lime juice in a large bowl.
Combine the thyme, allspice, cinnamon, chilli, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub over both sides of the beef steaks.
Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the steaks for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a chopping board for 2 minutes to rest before slicing. Add the corn and remaining oil to the salad. Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine. Add the beef and toss gently. Divide among serving bowls and serve with crusty bread.