- 8 small sebago potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons drained baby capers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped gherkins
- 2 x 185g cans tuna in oil, drained, flaked
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
1 Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Grease a baking tray.
2 Pat potatoes dry with paper towel. Pierce all over with a fork. Place around the edge of a microwave turntable. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 4 minutes or until just tender (see note). Transfer to prepared tray. Drizzle with oil. Season well with salt and pepper. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and tender. Stand for 5 to 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
3 Meanwhile, combine lemon rind and juice, onion, capers, gherkin, tuna, dill and 1⁄2 the chives in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
4 Using a small knife, cut a cross in the top of each potato. Gently squeeze base of each potato to open top. Place on plates. Top with tuna mixture. Serve sprinkled with basil and remaining chives.