- 4 (about 400g) pork leg steaks
- 125ml (1/2 cup) hoisin sauce
- 8 square (16cm) rice-paper wrappers
- 4 green shallots, ends trimmed, cut into thin strips
- 1 x 100g pkt enoki mushrooms, ends trimmed
- 100g vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, ends trimmed, washed, dried
- 1Cook pork in a frying pan of boiling water for 5 minutes or until just cooked. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Thinly slice pork and place in a bowl with half the hoisin sauce.
- 2Dip 1 rice-paper wrapper in a large shallow dish of warm water for 30 seconds or until soft and pliable. Drain on paper towel. Spoon one-eighth of pork mixture down the centre of the wrapper. Top with some of the green shallot and mushrooms. Fold in the ends and roll up firmly to enclose the filling. Repeat with the remaining rice-paper wrappers, pork mixture, green shallot and mushrooms. Place rice-paper rolls, in a single layer, in a large bamboo steamer. Cook, covered, over a saucepan of boiling water for 4 minutes or until hot.
- 3Meanwhile, place the vermicelli noodles and bok choy in a saucepan of salted boiling water. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the noodles soften and bok choy wilts. Drain. Place bok choy, noodles and rolls on serving plates. Serve immediately.