- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 50g butter melted, cooled
- 20g butter, extra, chopped
- 1 leek, pale section only, thinly sliced
- 150g triple smoked ham, finely chopped
- 2 cups mashed pumpkin (see notes)
- 500g jar bolognese pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup (60g) Coles Australian Shredded Pizza Cheese Blend
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
Whisk the flour and bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk the eggs, milk and half the melted butter in a large jug. Add to the flour mixture. Whisk until smooth. Set aside for 30 mins to rest.
Meanwhile, heat the chopped butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the leek, stirring, for 5 mins or until just softened. Add ham and cook for 2 mins or until ham starts to brown. Add the pumpkin and stir until heated through. Remove from heat. Season.
Preheat oven to 200C. Grease a large baking dish. Spread 1/4 cup (60ml) of pasta sauce into the base of the dish.
Heat a 20cm (base measurement) frying pan over medium heat. Brush with a little of the remaining melted butter. Pour 1/4 cup (60ml) of the crepe batter into the centre of pan and swirl quickly to coat the base. Cook for 2 mins or until golden. Turn and cook for a further 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining crepe batter and melted butter to make 8 crepes.
Place a crepe on a clean work surface. Spoon over one-eighth of the pumpkin mixture. Roll to enclose. Place, seam-side down, in the prepared dish. Repeat with remaining crepes and pumpkin mixture. Top with the remaining pasta sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 20 mins or until cheese is golden and bubbling. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with salad.
Discussion about this post