- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 50g shaved double-smoked leg ham, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 small red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Extra finely chopped fresh chives, to serve
Cook rice following absorption method on packet. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
Add ham, peas, capsicum, chives, soy sauce, egg and flour to rice. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Using damp hands, shape 1/3 cup mixture into a patty. Repeat with remaining mixture to form 8 patties. Place on a baking paper-lined tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook patties, for 2 to 3 minutes each side, or until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Serve sprinkled with extra chives.