- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks (white part only), thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 3 small carrots, thinly sliced
- 1.5L (6 cups) boiling Massel chicken style liquid stock, or water
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 150g green beans, thinly sliced on an angle
- 400g can borlotti beans, rinsed, drained
- 4 (about 70g each) red mullet fillets
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves, to garnish
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and cook the leeks and celery over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the carrots and the boiling stock or water and bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2Add the zucchini, green beans and borlotti beans, and simmer for 5 minutes or until the beans are heated through and the vegetables are just tender.
- 3Slip the fish fillets into the soup and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then ladle the soup into bowls, placing the fish on top.
- 4Spoon a dollop of pesto on top of the fish, scatter with parsley and serve.