- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 150g sliced mild pancetta, chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 690g bottle Coles tomato passata pasta sauce
- 400g dried fettuccine
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated Pecorino Romano cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 slices Stone-Baked Ciabatta bread, for serving
In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add pancetta and cook, stirring, for 4 mins or until crisp. Reduce heat to medium and add shallots, chilli and garlic and cook for 2 mins or until vegetables have softened. Add cherry tomatoes and cook for 2 mins or until tomatoes have broken down slightly. Add passata and simmer mixture for 3 mins.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling water, cook fettuccine, stirring occasionally, for 8 mins or until pasta is just cooked through but still has a bite. Drain fettuccine.
Add fettuccine to sauce and cook over medium heat for about 1 min to combine flavours. Remove pan from heat and stir in cheese. Season pasta with salt and pepper. Divide among bowls and drizzle with some extra-virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with more cheese and chopped parsley, and serve with bread.