- 1/3 cup rice bran oil
- 2 small rounds Lebanese bread, split, torn into 3cm pieces
- 200g packet falafel mix
- 1/4 teaspoon mild chilli powder
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, seeded, thickly sliced
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 4 radishes, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 125g tub hummus
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Pour oil into a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook bread, in batches, for 1 minute or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a baking tray lined with paper towel to drain. Cool.
Make falafel mixture following packet directions. Stir in chilli powder. Season with salt and pepper. Shape mixture into 16 patties (approx 1 tablespoon per patty). Add more oil to pan if necessary. Cook falafel, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a baking tray lined with paper towel to drain.
Make Hummus dressing Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange bread, tomato, cucumber, capsicum, onion, radish, parsley, mint and falafel on a platter. Season with pepper. Drizzle with dressing. Serve.