- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 500g beef mince
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 525g jar Heinz Tomato and Garlic Bolognese Pasta Sauce
- 375g dried spaghetti
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook onion and carrot, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until very tender.
Increase heat to medium-high. Add mince. Cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned all over. Add broccoli. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in pasta sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water, until tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water.
Add reserved cooking water to mince mixture. Simmer for 2 minutes. Toss mince mixture through pasta. Serve sprinkled with parmesan and basil. Serve.