- 12 (480g) lamb cutlets, French trimmed
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- Steamed peas, to serve
- Gravy, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Fluffy mashed potato
- 800g cream delight potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 40g butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1Make fluffy mashed potato: Place potato in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Boil for 12 to 15 minutes or until potato is very tender. Drain. Using back of a wooden spoon, push potato through a fine sieve over a bowl. Add butter and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- 2Using the heel of your hand, gently flatten meat on each cutlet.
- 3Combine breadcrumbs and parsley on a plate. Place flour on another plate. Whisk egg and 1 tablespoon cold water in a shallow bowl. One at a time, coat each cutlet in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg. Press in breadcrumbs. Place on a plate. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- 4Pour oil into a large frying pan to cover base. Heat over medium heat. Cook cutlets, in batches, for 5 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- 5Serve cutlets with Fluffy mashed potato, peas, gravy and lemon wedges.