- 1:15 Prep
- 0:05 Cook
- Makes 6
- 290g pkt milk choc melts (see notes)
- 50g (1/3 cup) crushed peanuts
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Fresh or frozen cherries, to serve
- Chocolate sauce, to serve
- Coconut flakes, to serve
- 6 small or medium balloons, rinsed, dried
- 1Place the choc melts in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on Medium, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Set aside, stirring occasionally, until cooled to room temperature.
- 2Inflate 6 balloons just large enough to be held in the palm of your hand (don’t over-inflate). Spray the balloons with oil and then pat dry with paper towel.
- 3Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place 1 tbs melted chocolate on the prepared tray to form a small disc. Carefully dip a balloon into the chocolate in the bowl, to come about one-third of the way up the side of the balloon. Turn the balloon chocolate-side up, and sprinkle a little crushed peanut over the chocolate. Place, chocolate side down, on the chocolate disc on the tray. Repeat with the remaining balloons, chocolate and crushed peanut to make 6 bowls. Set aside for 1 hour to set.
- 4Use a sharp knife to carefully pop the balloons and remove any remaining balloon from the inside of the chocolate bowls.
- 5Spoon ice-cream into the chocolate bowls and top with cherries. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and sprinkle with coconut flakes.