- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free plain flour
- 150g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- 2Process 1 cup walnuts until finely ground. Roughly chop remaining walnuts.
- 3Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg. Beat until combined. Stir in flours, chocolate and walnuts.
- 4Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place, 5cm apart, on prepared trays. Flatten slightly. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden. Cool on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve.