- 4 (600g) carrots, peeled, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 200g Greek-style fetta, chopped
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup soda water
- Vegetable oil, for shallow frying
Place carrot, coriander, ground cumin, ground coriander, fetta and flour in a large bowl. Add egg and soda water. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Add enough oil to a deep frying pan to come 5mm up side of pan. Heat over medium heat. Spoon 2 level tablespoons batter into pan, spreading slightly with a spatula. Repeat to make 4 rounds.
Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Serve.
Discussion about this post