- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 100g green beans, trimmed
- 4 rashers bacon, rind removed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (35g) slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 1Blanch the broccoli in a large saucepan of boiling water then remove with a slotted spoon and plunge into iced water. Drain and set aside.
- 2Blanch the beans in the same saucepan then remove from the pan and plunge into iced water. Drain and set aside with the broccoli.
- 3Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and spray with oil spray. Cook the bacon for 3-4 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove and drain on paper towel. Wipe the pan out then return to the heat and toast the almonds for 1-2 minutes or until golden.
- 4To make the dressing, place the buttermilk, mayonnaise, garlic, chives, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- 5To serve, place the broccoli, beans, bacon and almonds in a serving bowl and toss gently to combine. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.