- 4 fresh corn cobs, husks attached
- 1.5kg American-style pork ribs
- 60g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons treacle
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1Place corn cobs in a large shallow dish. Cover with warm water. Set aside for 1 hour, to soak.
- 2Meanwhile make barbecue sauce: Combine all sauce ingredients in a large saucepan. Place over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes, until smooth and to allow the flavours to develop.
- 3Preheat oven to 160C/140C fan-forced. Line a large baking dish with baking paper. Combine 1 cup cold water with 2/3 cup barbecue sauce. Arrange ribs in a single layer in prepared dish. Pour over sauce mixture (see note). Cover with foil. Bake, turning once, for 2 hours 30 minutes or until tender. Using tongs, transfer ribs to a large baking tray. Brush with another 1/3 cup of sauce (see note).
- 4Meanwhile, combine butter and parmesan in a bowl. Season well with pepper. Gently peel husks back from corn. Remove silk from corn. Rub half the butter mixture over corn. Gently pull back the husks. Twists ends to secure.
- 5Preheat a barbecue chargrill on high. Cook corn, turning, for 25 minutes or until tender, adding ribs to chargrill for the last 10 minutes of cooking (see note). Peel back the husks from the corn. Dollop with remaining butter. Serve ribs with grilled corn.