- 1/3 cup orange juice, warmed
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- 4 large granny smith apples
- 1/4 cup traditional rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Warmed vanilla custard, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan-forced. Combine orange juice and sultanas in a bowl. Set aside. Using an apple corer, carefully remove centre of apples. Using a small knife, score the skin around centre of each apple (this prevents them collapsing during baking).
- 2Place apples, touching, into a 5 cup-capacity round baking dish. Drain sultana mixture, reserving orange juice. Spoon 2 teaspoons sultanas into each apple. Pour reserved orange juice and 1/2 cup cold water into base of dish. Combine oats and cinnamon in a bowl. Drizzle apples with honey. Sprinkle with oat mixture, pressing on lightly to secure.
- 3Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until apples are soft and oats golden and crisp. Serve with pan juices and custard.